more quilt!

I posted a few pictures of my baby a while ago but I've done so much since then! I finished piecing together the quilt top (pictured) and the bottom layer (not pictured - it's 10" squares, all different shades of muslin, like the light colored hexagons).

 This is my quilting hoop, holding all the layers in place while I do the quilting. A quilt has three layers:

1. The top - in this quilt, it's the patchwork that you see in the picture
2. The middle - this can be batting, but for this quilt, I used an old down comforter
3. The backing - I made a patchwork backing for this quilt, but they're often one large solid piece of fabric. I pieced my backing together because I had lots of scraps and no money, since I started this quilt right before graduating college

You stitch through all the layers and that's what makes it a quilt. For this one, I'm quilting around the inside of each of the lighter colored hexagons.


 I think I've done about 25% percent of the quilting, maybe more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment