downtown fairytale dress-up

My friend Ana asked me to make this dress for her a few months ago. She wanted a dress with a dual personality - a constricted, sharply tailored "little black dress" underneath, with a free-flowing, playful and asymmetrical skirt layered on top. It was really fun to take another person's idea and run with it, and discuss the different ways we could achieve the look she was going for.

After several fittings and long hours at my sewing machine, I finally finished the dress last week. Major thanks to my gorgeous sister Theresa who agreed to model for me! All those hours watching America's Next Top Model definitely paid off :)

The overskirt is made of poly chiffon that I had sent out to be machine-pleated

3 comments:

EggHead said...

Omg Theresa's modeling poses!!! Lmao. I love the dress!!

EggHead said...

This is Elizabeth btw. I was going to wait a couple days to tell you that so you could be all "wtf who the hell is EggHead?!?" but I figured I would probably forget to come back here and write this comment and then you would never know it was me. Lol.

mary said...

I KNOW!!! she was so good!

Post a Comment